Thursday, December 9, 2010

I got bored, Tumblr 'Day questions' are entertaining

Day 1 - What do you think about dreams? I love the idea of dreams, it fascinates me. I would love to study the brain, and what happens when we sleep and dream. Every dream that I remember, I search up key words of the main plot in a dream dictionary to try and figure out whether it relates to my waking life. Most of the time, it has a lot to do with how I am feeling in my life, which is really interesting.

Day 2 - How well do you do around blood? Does it make you squirmy?
I don’t really mind blood. I don’t like watching gory movies where people are cut to bits, but I’m not fussed if I have a bloody nose and it explodes everywhere.

Day 3 - What are some things that can almost always make your day better? Do you find yourself having a lot of bad days, or mostly good days?
A main factor that contributes to my mood are the people I am around. If I am surrounded by people who make me happy, or are generally in a happy mood, I tend to lighten up as well. Most days I wake up in a good, almost great mood. The only time it deteriorates is when I am somewhere I do not wish to be, or if someone is rude to me. I try to look on the bright side of everything, I enjoy being happy.

Day 4 - What bugs you most about your generation? What do you like most about your generation?
The thing that bugs me most about my generation is the rebellion, and the label that I have gained because of the generation I was born into. It’s not so much the generation that I dislike, it’s the judgemental society that was born before us. So much is expected of us, yet we are regarded so worthless at times.

Day 5 - What are you attracted to most in the same/opposite sex? Are you more for looks, or personality?
Definitely personality. No one can say that physical attraction doesn’t matter, because we all know there are certain things that can be turn-offs (e.g. bad acne due to generics or poor care or general poor care for face/body). When I say that looks count, I don’t mean that I’m going to dislike someone if they are ‘strange looking’ or not the ‘perfect person’, when it comes to looks I usually notice personal care and hygiene, not ‘faults’ that some are born with. We are all beautiful in our own unique way, we truly are.

Day 6 - What are you least attracted to in the same/opposite sex?
I really don’t like rat’s tails or white foundation lips.

Day 7 - Are you into the green movement? Should being environmentally friendly something everyone should be a part of?
Heck yes! I think that we have become a very selfish society, constantly using more power and resources than we need to survive. I constantly turn off power switches, lights, taps etc. I think that there are too many un-necessary products in the stores, and it is just creating more rubbish. My number one pet peeve is littering, the amount of times I have had to pick up my friends rubbish papers etc just because they are simply too lazy to place it in a bin is ridiculous.

Day 8 - What would be the hardest and most fearful thing you would ever have to face in your lifetime? Why does this scare you so much?
Losing my father will be the hardest thing I will have to face in the future. He is my rock, my everything, the person I turn to when I feel like I have no one. He has brought me up to be the best I can be, and I could never love anyone more than him. Multiple times I have had nightmares about him passing away, and I have woken up crying and had to text him to make sure he is okay. I have absolutely no idea what I will do.. I don’t even want to imagine it.

Day 9 – What’s your biggest piss off/pet peeve? Why?
Ignorance and disrespect, for obvious reasons. Some people just really get on my nerves when they don’t respect other people. It’s common courtesy and it shows a big hint of immaturity and ill personality.

Day 10 - How would you like your life to change over the next few years? How come?
In the next few years I will hopefully have a job and be earning a reasonable amount of money, and starting to save. I will also have my P’s and a car. I think in the next few years my independence will shoot through the roof, and I will love that feeling. I will be able to depend on myself for things, and slowly move away from my mother’s safety net. I will move into my dad’s house, finish school, study the things I love in University and hopefully feel a great sensation of freedom.
 
Day 11 – What’s the best thing about being your age? What’s the worst?
The best thing about being sixteen is that I am still in school, still learning, still growing, still moulding myself and still as young as I’ll ever be. The worst thing about being sixteen is that people judge me for simply being younger than eighteen. I am judged as immature and that I do not know what ‘it’s like’ (referring to many situations). Some people write me off even before talking to me just because I am ‘underage’. That, to me, is the most ridiculous and immature assumption I have ever heard in my life.

Day 12 - Honestly now, if you could change three things about you (looks, personality, etc.) , what would they be and why?
If I could change my looks: This might sound pompous, but I would not change my looks. Sure, I might get rid of my acne or something, but I am already doing that by cleansing my face. I could wish for longer hair but, it’s growing. No one should want to change their looks with the snap of their finger, or by an ‘if you could’ paragraph, if you want to change something, do it! (No I’m not promoting getting a fake tan, taking diet pills or getting plastic surgery. Nothing like that. Change in natural, healthy ways and within reason.)

If I could change my personality: Again, I wouldn’t. Maybe be slightly less conscious about my looks, but *read above*, I’m always healthily moving towards what I would like to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment